I have decided to fork WarSetup. This is because it has not been updated in several years and was lacking some features that I needed.
I could switch to other software but I like warsetup and would prefer to continue using it. So until the main project starts releasing updates again I will be keeping my fork at https://github.com/majorsilence/WarSetup-Fork.
I have renamed the executable to WarPackager so there is no confusion between the main WarSetup and my fork.
Current added features WarPackager has over the main WarSetup are:
- Wix 3.6 support
- Wix 3.5 support
- OS requirements detection XP SP3, Vista SP1 and SP2, Windows 7 and SP1, Windows 8
- Option to require minimum .NET version (2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 full or client)
- Command line arguments
- -i "warsetup file to use.warsetup"
- -c - compile msi automatically
- -v "new product version number in format 1.1.1"
- -a - auto increment version number before build and save
- -e - auto exit after build
Download page: https://github.com/majorsilence/WarSetup-Fork/downloads