- ImgBurn Support
- Building Packages
This is a checklist of items and actions that must be performed to build/develop DeVeDe on Windows.
First there are several packages that must be installed. All packages are for x86 and not 64bit and all python packages are for version 2.6.*.
- Install Python 2.7 (make sure it is 2.7 not 3.*) - http://python.org/download/
- Install Python for Win32 Extensions - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/ (direct http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20214/pywin32-214.win32-py2.7.exe/download).
- Install PyGTK 2.22 all in one installer - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygtk/2.22/pygtk-all-in-one-2.22.5.win32-py2.7.msi
- Check out DeVeDe master from github https://github.com/majorsilence/Devede (new url) - to setup git on windows see http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/
- From an install of devede (http://files.majorsilence.com/devede/downloads/316-9/devede-setup-3.16.9-build7.msi) copy the bin folder into the "src" folder. This provides the executables that DeVeDe requires to do its work.
- Double click devede.py to start devede. </ul>
- Install ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/
- ImgBurn is used when it is detected to create the ISO files. Otherwise mkisofs.exe is used and it has major problems on Vista and Windows 7.
- ImgBurn must be run once after install to add its location to the registry path. </ul>
- Install py2exe - http://sourceforge.net/projects/py2exe/files/ - direct link (http://sourceforge.net/projects/py2exe/files/py2exe/0.6.9/py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.7.exe/download)
- Install wix - http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix/files/. As of this posting this is not currently integrated in devede win32 build but it will be soon.
- From the GTK install directory copy the "etc", "lib", and "share" folders to the devede trunk folders. These are used when building devede.exe
- Create zipped source package (trunk-src.zip), devede.exe (trunk\dist\devede.exe, you need the entire "dist" folder), and msi installers by running devede_build.py (You may have to edit this file to point to the correct location of python). </ul> You may also want to download the GTK+ Preference Tool. You should be able to find it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win/files/. This tool will allow you to set the GTK theme on your Windows user account. At this point DeVeDe should be running in a development environment on your computer.